Breaking science news and multimedia, heavy on astronomy and physics (and heavy on citing). New vids, pics, articles, and the occasional research post for http://researchblogging.org/

Friday, December 16, 2011

I Got Quite Emotional Watching This 2 Part Christopher Hitchens Compilation

------
Christopher Hitchens died today of esophageal cancer.  He was a brick wall of logic.  Never shaken, he stood for REASON.  I for one will sorely miss the lack of this man's influence.
WARNING: OVERTLY ATHEISTIC.  UNRELENTING, HITCH DOES NOT PULL PUNCHES.

PART ONE

PART 2


 
-----Sharing via these buttons will share the current article page, unless your current url is the main page of Astronasty. Click the title of the article to go to an individual article page.
Share Spread the Love

2 comments:

  1. On part 2 of Hitchslapped, released today, he talks a little bit about what theists have said to him, now that he was dying. He expressed their approach succinctly:
    "Now that you are dying, surely your fears will overcome your reason."

    I those who know me know there was a time when I was on my deathbed. A priest snuck in and tried to convert me.

    Just now I had to pace and gather my emotions for about 10 minutes.

    It reeks of blackmail, targeted at the vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hitch, you are the man. I wish I would have gotten into your work earlier in life.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments?

Popular Posts This Month

Follow by Email